Fadedwords

Hope is the thing with feathers…

+menu-

header image

Top O’ the Mornin’

On this, the most awesome of all holidays, there are things I love:

-My job… because I can look like this and it is 100% ok (and even expected).

-Being Irish.  I mean, really Irish… not just “I wore green so I can go to the bar and look really cute and festive.”

-Knowing that corned beef and cabbage will be our very scrumptious dinner.

-Holiday parties at work.

So Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to everyone.  I hope you remembered your green 🙂

This entry was posted in Hunky-Dory. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Top O’ the Mornin’

1. MrZoG says:

Happy Saint Patty’s day!! I have my green on and my leprecon tat. Also being Irish I fell that today should be a national holiday.

2. Drew says:

Your well wishes woke a sleeping Drew this morning. For this, you will be punished.

3. Kate says:

re drew: Put your phone on vibrate when you’re sleeping. *does Irish Jig*

4. Patricia says:

You are right. Being able to dress up on holidays is one of the great things about being in an elementary school. I had a great collection of themed earings I gave away when I retired!

5. Patricia says:

Oh, I forgot to mention that since my mother was really Irish in that both her parents were Irish, that makes Jake one fourth Irish. Corned beef is fine but I HATE cooked cabbage! LOL

6. Kate says:

It’s strange to me how many people *don’t* like cooked cabbage. I like it raw better than cooked, but I love it cooked as well. *shrug* I suppose it’s the Irish in me 🙂

7. Kels says:

Corned Beef and Cabbage makes me think of the movie Meet Me In St. Louis… 😉

When do ya’ll have Spring Break??? We’re off this week, so I’m at home… with no fear of being pinched… in fact, I’m wearing gray track shorts and a purple tshirt… HA! And no one’s pinchin’ me!!! 😉 (and before you get mad at me for not supporting my 1/4 Irish portion of me… I ate broccoli earlier, so technically I’m wearing green inside me)

8. Kate says:

re:Kels- Our spring break starts this Friday, so I’m looking forward to some relaxation at home with dog.
    And I would pinch you.

9. Erin says:

I totally forgot my green today!! As the 100% Irish gal that I am, I was completely and utterly ashamed 🙁

10. Mom says:

We got to wear green yesterday at work. We wore our green scrubs, Our boss bought 3 different kinds of neclaces, bracelets, and what ever else we wanted. I wore 2 necklaces, the bracelet, and a bow tie that flashed. I was all decked out!!!! We had our dinner on sunday since neither daddy or I was going to be home on the actual day until after 4, but it was yummy any way!! Love and miss you both.